The latest stable release is 2.00. The CVS development tree is now
at version 2.01. Bugfixes and important changes to the system are
described here for the two most recent released versions.
Hat 2.00 (2002-06-1x) features
- The first version released separately from nhc98. It uses
a different file format to store the trace, and the browsing
tools have been completely rewritten to improve performance,
integration, and correctness.
Status of various components
The basic components of hat are:
- hat-trans, the program transformer.
- hat-lib, the runtime library that is linked to a transformed program.
- hat-observe, a browser driven by expression patterns.
- hat-trail, a browser driven by backward exploration.
- hat-detect, a browser implementing algorithmic debugging. (NOT INCLUDED)
- hat-stack, a browser showing a back-trace from an error.
- hat-view, a source-code viewer.
- hat-check, to verify the integrity of a .hat file.
The latest updates to these pages are available on the WWW from
This page last modified: 2002.05.11
York Functional Programming Group